View Single Post
Old 2006-05-22, 17:03   Link #58
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I think the DVD list is the clincher for 14. So what the poster is saying is that episode 00 fits chronologically either between 11 and 14, or else could come after 14 if the show goes another season?
That's right. But if we're taking Haruhi's word on the chronological ordering of the episodes, then it's unlikely that Episode 00 would take place after Someday in the Rain (14).

Why? Remember in the novel (during Shoushitsu I think), Kyon mentioned that the weather felt almost as if it went straight from Summer to Winter? It explains why Mikuru was able to run around in a miniskirt waitress costume in November. But once the story entered December (Shoushitsu), the weather "suddenly turned shitty cold" (← Kyon's words).

Therefore, seeing the heavy winter clothings that Kyon's wearing for the Someday in the Rain preview, I'm assuming it will be placed chronologically after the events of Episode 00, which means Episode 00 will have to be either episode 11, 12, or 13.

Then again, I could be wrong about Someday in the Rain, nobody knows what it's about, after all.

Another thing is the fact that Kanon is going to start in Fall, so unless everyone who works at Kyoani are superhumans, it would be reasonable to think that they'll finish up Haruhi by July (1-cours for 3 months), and give themselves a couple of months to prepare for their next project.