View Single Post
Old 2007-04-03, 20:02   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

What did people think about the scene of the stairs, that had L drying Light's feet? First of that and the scene of the rooftop are completely new (not appearing in the manga), and they're two scenes which are used to build up the ending/climax of the episode. In the rooftop scene we get to see another side of L, one which feels that the end may be near for him --- also mention that he's been hearing the sound of bells (which works in perfect with the end scene). We then see what the friendship between him and Light means to him on the stairs --- i started to cry the second Light Lights up Light for piano started to play. Such a perfect BGM for that moment between the two --- it makes you think even more that if the Kira case wasen't happening, just how good of friends the two would be.

In my opinion, they're added to give the viewer more to think about --- just what was Light (who is Kira again) thinking about while this was happening. I get the feeling that the director wanted to show a more human Light, one that does feel sad for whats happening --- i think that even more by his shocked face, and how long it takes him to show that evil smile after L falls down.

Its add-in's like this that make me think anime > manga. & thats including the music, light effects and much much more that we've seen from the anime adaptation.