View Single Post
Old 2009-06-27, 12:44   Link #261
Cpuroast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshottrigun View Post
I love MPlayer OSX Extended, I'd like to give thanks for it.
I have been using it for a year now and it has served all my video viewing needs.

I have noticed a few nitpick things that bug me or features that could be added.

-I would love to see the ability to save and open playlists.

-The fullscreen control bar is also very large, and at times I can never find a spot to put it without it being in the way. Maybe a customizable control bar or option to make it even more opaque?

-I've also noticed when playing dual track audio .mkv that the volume decreases greatly when I switch from one audio track to another. Is this a problem with my settings or a problem with MPlayer OSX Extended?

Just a few suggestions and problems I've noticed.
Either way, its the best .mkv, .mp4, .avi, etc. player for macs.
The fullscreen controls are small enough in my opinion, although making them even more semi-opaque and giving a choice to the user to adjust the level of transparency would be nice. It also vanishes after 3seconds, was 5 before. So it's only really in the way for a very short time. It also remembers the position, so you can always put it at the very bottom which should be out the way for most files these days which are mostly widescreen.

As far as audio levels between audio tracks, I don't think Mplayer is to blame. You have to remember that not all audio tracks are recorded or mastered at the same volume. So even if you have multiple tracks in an MKV or OGM file, they won't always play at the same volume. This is where normalization comes in which might already be in mplayer, but only via extra parameters in the advanced options. All Adrian can do it add an extra UI option to control it, and only if mplayer has it natively.

As far as play list files go, I presume Adrian could easily add this. Since it already remembers the play list content between sessions. Why don't you open a ticket with that request: http://mplayerosx.sttz.ch/trac/newticket.

Go Mplayer OSX Extended !!!