View Single Post
Old 2009-11-03, 14:42   Link #8483
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I feel the need to point out that punching isn't Subaru's only trick. While StrikerS certainly didn't stop showing it to us, Subaru is well trained in the Shooting Arts, which use the entire body for combat. Not just punching, but also kicking.

To avoid going into a rambling mode, I'll just say that StrikerS never showed us a good presentation of what Subaru can do. Put down whatever reason you will, but calling Subaru a one-trick pony because her punches are her signature technique is like calling Vita a one-trick pony who only knows how to wildly swing her hammer towards the enemy.

Now, I agree that Wing Road is a blatant "I'm going to attack your left flank!" shout, but if your enemy can't outrun you, that's pretty much irrelevant. The moment you get into melee range it's your territory. Wing road goes wherever Subaru goes is as much a plus as well in that regard.

If I'm fighting ground opponents (and, let's face it, even with Wing Road fighting ground opponents is far more my forte) I don't have much need to use Wing Road at all, bar perhaps a few tactical situations. I'd leave the air opponents to my flying allies and focus on the ground, where my skills have dramatically more advantage.

And modify Mach Calibur a bit and you have Graf Eisen tied to your feet. How's that for kicking power?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote