View Single Post
Old 2012-04-03, 04:14   Link #3774
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I would have been much happier if there were more dogfights with massive Valkyrie fleets than Alto flying solo. The first movie had Princess & Banana's second battle-ballade, and it was nicely done. I cannot be blamed for wanting to see much, much more in the second.

- Tak
Well, I agree that there should have been more fights in the series. I had hoped there would be tons of mecha but the series disappointed me there. But for the story and plot, the series had better pacing than the movie that had so many plots overlapped that it could easily confuse people unless they paid close attention to every detail.

In my personal opinion, the first movie put me to sleep. The first fight - epic, and lovely, completely took me into the action - but for the 1hr and 10mins after, it was a snore fest. There was drama, angst, romance, and character development that - for people who'd seen the series - was not necessary. (Well, at least the drama piece.) There was too much of a serious tone to the first movie that it bored me half to death. I fell asleep midway. Then the final fight came along and captured me again. However, I had to find out that soon after that fight... the movie was OVER. I didn't like that one bit.

Now the second movie: that was just freaking win with mecha. I loved all the fights, including the Alto and Brera dogfight (even though there is still no victor). I think that it has to be credited at least for the amount of effort the studio gave for those fights. That was awesome.