View Single Post
Old 2012-07-27, 11:44   Link #38
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
And those close-combat upgrades to the F-15J are just reinforcements to the airframe, software mods and alterations to the weapons rack,
And drive system.

Quote:
while the design overhaul to make the Zuikaku was primarily to make the thing less of a heavy fatass. They don't involve shoving on the kind of extra control surfaces that the Fubuki and Shiranui make use of, and the main thruster engines are completely different, so they don't handle the same. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Bottom line, the "Japanese TSFs" that handle differently that they're referring to are primarily referring to TSFs developed domestically by Japan, not anything and everything Japan happens to field. It's commented at one point in the game that the F-4J Gekishin handles like a hefty unresponsive donkey compared to the twitchy Type-97 Fubuki (paraphrasing). They can make the frame lighter and stronger for better maneuverability and better close combat ability, but at the end of the day they aren't forced to stick in and make use of all those extra flaps and fins that the Fubuki and Shiranui do, hence they don't handle the same.
I don't know why you mentioned Type-77/F-4J Gekishin within the anime's context i.e. the Defence of Kyoto e.g. Type-82/F-4J Kai Zuikaku, Type-97 Fubuki , Type-94 Shiranui (Mk.1-C).

Refer to Ep02 (starting from 13:52)'s Type-94 Shiranui's results (15:07, on-foot based fighting?).

Quote:
Again. Why invest in unwieldy giant monster tanks and huge TSF-scaled artillery pieces when instead you could have large masses of smaller, easier to manage standard arty to back up the TSFs doing their TSF thing. The bigger the number of shells you pump out, the more are going to get through to the ground instead of being vaporized by laser fire.
Naval guns seems to work fine.

Last edited by encia; 2012-07-27 at 12:33.