Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 12:55   Link #2053
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
It seems HxH manga is coming back.

Togashi will release 2 volumes in December. .
That's a solid news for the fan of this show. Regardless of my opinion of this new anime version, one thing I really appreciate how the remake has successfully drawn in so much fans. That in itself is a feat. When the 99 version came out, it had fierce competition like Naruto and One Piece which were following the giant footprint left by DB/DBZ. HxH had no chance for various reason, but the main thing probably had to do with how it wasn't a conventional story found in a typical Shounen genre. It took its time (painfully at times ) to develop the story. The limited amount of source material probably also forced the animator to stretch it out because they were looking for another hit series like Yu Yu Hakusho. So as the fan faring dwindled for the anime, the few that stayed with the show, stayed because of episodes like the one where Gon would reflect inside a tree bark after his first defeat against Hisoka. It wasn't about the action that usually typifies conventional shounen series. So I'm really glad to hear that Togashi is coming back. He is one of my favorite author!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote