View Single Post
Old 2012-12-28, 20:58   Link #167
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
We all had love interests when we were in elementary school, but only a very few actually end up to live with that person, i guess less than 1%
But you're right, this manga is not really realistic about that. And we saw after the timeskip that Naruto didn't change, he was still after Sakura.
But i think Sakura's fake confession which was one of those moments where Naruto was unusually smart had the opposite effect on Naruto, Naruto clearly gave up on Sakura since he would never want to live in a relationship where the girl feels it's a sacrifice for her to be with him. So from that moment Naruto was free to be taken by any girl
Will the author show a moment where Naruto "falls in love" with Hinata? If he can't find a proper way to do it then he'll just do it off panel, for example after a timeskip Hinata is already Naruto's wife, or something like that, that would be similar to what happened in DBZ with Bulma and Vegita. Or do you prefer an awkward way of things that happened to Goku and ChiChi? Actually that was even worse than this situation, Goku had no feelings for the girl, he didn't even know who she is, he just accepted that it's his fate. Maybe it would be awkward only for western audience because in the east arranged marriages still exist
Ya i would NEVER bring up DBZ as an example of "what a writer could do" because DBZ has some of the worst romance writing than any series. Seriously, the only reason it even exist is because toriyama wanted babies for his main characters and sex is a part of that... Its just aweful and forced and it seems that kishi is following his path

Quote:
If i compare DBZ, One Piece and Naruto then Naruto still wins when it comes to romantic stuff, something is more than nothing
I give it to one piece... better to do nothing than to do something poorly. If Your gonna do something then take the time to to do a half-way decent job of it, Otherwise is just becomes a big ugly black mark for the writing. it becomes something of an eyesore. On the otherhand, if you do not use it at all, then there is nothing to complain about thus it never really becomes a black mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I was dissapointed from the start of part 2, when Kishi decided to make her into a weaker version of Tsunade (since Sakura is the only one who still hasn't surpassed her mentor) instead of going with the genjutsu type he made her out to be in the beginning.
I don't think the problem was that she was copying tsunade; i think the problem is that is where her growth STOPPED. as it was mentioned back then, the real significance of Sakura learning to fight like tsunade was that she was orginally a genjustu type; the implication here is that if she really master genjustu type fighting the way she master hand-to-hand combat, she would be a very skilled and well rounded fighter. Heck she could have even gone on to find her own unique way of fighting... but did she? no. She stopped growing. While Naruto was off training she could have done something useful like gone to train with kurenai or something... but she didn't. Instead of allowing Sakura to fulfill the high hopes that Part 2 created for her, Kishi just let her stagnate.

Quote:
Btw, it seemed to me that Naruto was supposed to succeed where Jiraiya failed. I had expected Naruto to end up with Sakura for no other reason than Jiraiya failing to win Tsunade. I was curious what Kishi would do with this. Would he pair Naruto with Sakura the failed character, to prove the point that Naruto will succeed where others failed, or would he cop-out with Hinata? We finally have the answer
That does indeed seem where kishi seemed to be leading everyone on. I mean it seemed clear that the current generation was meant to reflect the previous generation. Jiraiya = Obito = Naruto; Tsunade = Rin = Sakura; Orochimaru = Kakashi = Sasuke... its no coincidence that these characters seemed so much a like and shared similar relationships with one another. All of them suffered to some degree and failed in some great way that has led to regrets... In a way, it seemed like Naruto was supposed to succeed where they had failed; but when it comes to their love lives Kishi seems to have settled on Naruto copping out by just going with some random third party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
To me she started to fall into northing after the sasori fight.
eh, I'd say Cashern's more spot on with it being her false confession... See even after sasori, there was always hope that she would continue to grow, that sasori was only the beginning... she stagnated, but she did not really falter... the confession however and that whole ordeal however was the final nail in the coffin. it was so unbelievably stupid that it seemed like there was nothing Sakura could do to recover from it. She was back to square one, back to where she was before part 2... getting her to climb back up from that hard a fall would have been difficult, and kishi wasn't interested in even trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I also would like to point out that while Sasuke is targeting people you and I may view as innocent, it's no big secret that Sasuke does not view them as such. So the point is moot.
And that's part of what makes him a psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
How you came to this conclusion, I have no idea

If Kishi is really thinking of paring Naruto with Hinata. Then I wonder how will he resolve Naruto's feelings for Sakura. If Naruto is now suddenly madly in love with Hinata out of nowhere. This manga will hit it's rock bottom.

In a logical sense no man or woman is required to love someone just because the other party is in love with them. But seeing how this manga lacks some common sense. We'll see how it goes down.
I'm sorry Milan Kyuubi, but i think you might be in denial over what kishi is doing... you just have to accept that horrible writing DOES happen.

Though i would not call naruhina as the manga rock bottom. One bad romance subplot won't ruin a series... But combine that with a lame main villain and the fact that we still have to deal with sasuke, and then things are not looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
...And missing my point entirely. Sakura is doing her job. What else do you want?
Giving direct support to her long time and close friend, including giving him valuable emotional support when he's been dragged down to his lowest point?
Oh wait... That job was stolen by someone else for shipping fuel...