View Single Post
Old 2008-03-20, 19:12   Link #1223
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Closest I can think of would involve the basic differences between ZAFT's security interests and Orb's interests as a major player/leader of the EA (which I think some model kit said happens post Destiny). That alone wouldn't be enough, but if ZAFT's security clashes with politics necessary to keep influence in the EA, and then two or more other things come up, THEN we MIGHT have something.
I think that the most likely setup would be if a particular faction performs an act of war that either Cagalli or Lacus finds it impossible to repudiate. An excellent example of this would be how the actions of the IJA in World War II drove Japan's wartime strategy. This is much more likely of a weak leader with a relatively independent military, so it's much more likely to happen to Cagalli than to Lacus.

A possible scenario would be an Earth military (Atlantic Federation or what have you) crucial to an Orb coalition launching an attack on a ZAFT base on Earth because PLANT either refused to give it up or were withdrawing too slowly.