View Single Post
Old 2011-11-19, 19:27   Link #66
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
um...is there any way we could allow italics?
I've always used them to designate charactter thoughts, feelings, inner conflict, vs actual events.
ex:
must get away, must get away
Then everything went black.

Also, my current entry uses it to designate mind-mind communication between characters as well as inner thoughts, though I suppose I could find a way to change it >.>

I don't see how italics would interfere with anything or have a negative effect on the entry(ies), and I think it would help in some cases, including my current entry, with understanding. I don't see how any harm could come from the use of it, unless it is overused--which I don't think it would be in most entries and is not in mine, considering both the shortness and the fact that it is interspersed throughout the entry.

Personally, I think it makes sense. If you think otherwise, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts and reasoning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689
That being said, I don't see any major problem with adding the use of italics. Since we're keeping it to 1500 words. there can't be too many italics used anyways. We probably shouldn't shuffle the restrictions/word count around, but I do like the idea of mixing it up here and there. We may have special themes with surprises every so often.
I had mentioned this a page back, but with a different proposal arising I forgot to consider it again. I don't see much trouble with allowing it, so I'll change that.