View Single Post
Old 2012-01-04, 22:43   Link #493
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Which is exactly why I'm saying logically the Rinnegan should be able to do this. But nothing we've seen would indicate that that is the case, so it's a weird spot to be in. Notably, you'd think Nagato would have at least made an effort to suppress Six-Tailed Naruto if the Rinnegan were capable of this (though the possibility that the Rinnegan being an evolution of the Sharingan was an idea Kishi only recently conceived exists). Besides, for that to hold you'd also have to decide whether or not Madara would still have access to MS techniques with the Rinnegan. We just don't know, no matter how logical the answer should be.
I guess I can reluctantly agree with this sentiment although there are no examples of increased powers leading to diminished techniques I think. Like what you're implying I think that the sharingan evolution into rinnegan is a retcon. it fits the story and I'm not complaining about it, I just think it was an after thought so that uchihas could have 1 more available powerup
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote