View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 08:38   Link #28678
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
For a long time I thought that Maria and possibly everyone else were still alive. You have to admit that the fact that the only evidence of a corpse that was ever found is a piece that can be used to find the owner's identity is quite the convenient coincedence.
With respect to Maria, let's just assume she is alive. How do you create the impression that she isn't with a dental record?
  • The whole thing is a lie; no jaw was ever found. Let's assume the endscroll wasn't just nonsense and that somebody did say a jaw was found and identified. The problem here is that the ep1 endscroll is unsourced (it doesn't even have an identifiable narrator), so it's hard to say "that character/narrator is lying" when there's no indication there even is one. Still, lying about the existence of a jawbone would at least allow Maria to keep hers. But it's also inherently falsifiable; just ask around and the police will probably say they never found any such thing.
  • The jawbone is an immensely convincing fake. I question how anyone would have this degree of artifice.
  • The jawbone is filled with Maria's baby teeth which "Beatrice" collected for this purpose. In that case, why Maria specifically? And would anyone actually be fooled by such a construction?
  • The jawbone was real, but wasn't Maria's; it was intentionally or coincidentally misidentified, or someone deliberately falsified the report. In this case, who did it and why, or how - if it was accidental - did they make that mistake?
  • Metal-Jaw Cyborg Maria.
It's not implausible, but still, putting the jawbone in an unsourced endscroll makes it a difficult thing to actually doubt without assuming the author was just making shit up. It's a bit different from the message bottles being a hoax in that the message bottles would be much harder to properly identify and there was some leeway in how those were reported. Even if we assume the jawbone was planted by someone, it still has to fool analysts somehow (who would have to have analyzed it to know it came from Maria).
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote