View Single Post
Old 2010-07-12, 18:59   Link #74
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Well finally this comes around, was waiting for this series. With this, my season is complete. Boobies, pantsu, romance, and action, oh me oh my makes me wonder just what did I miss for the past 2 years (from looking around it seems like I didn't miss much)

When I first read the description, I said "in no way can this be a To-Love Ru clone, don't make me go through that again!" And I like what I saw. Kio's meeting with Eris was thankfully not too much of a cliche, which to me, with this kind of setting for this kind of series their meeting was a pretty good one (a ceremony gathering). Good thing it wasn't one of those "drop in your lap" kind of meetings, although I'm still with a big question mark as to why she ends up in his home after he passed out. It would seem like she's out for something, that maybe he has, as others have mentioned it's pretty obvious he's been under surveillance for some time now, so hopefully they'll cover this because her "apparently" granted sleeping rights at his house is too much of a coincidence (darn I hate that word) Or maybe it's because he is someone around her age who was friendly to her. Sounds about good enough to me (at least it's no random "Marry me!" thing that happened) if they wanted to break protocol she would have stayed at the Uncle's place

Man, I've been looking for something to theorize and speculate about, I haven't worked my brain [during my free time] for a couple weeks now This could be it, since the other series are just about easy going (except HOTD, which is pretty much just zombie gore and boobies )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Although Kio doesn't have much specific trait (generic if you want to call that), Eris was a pleasant surprise: I was really afraid of your typical oppai dojikko being totally oblivious to her situation. Much to my surprise, she is basically very reasonable, sharp regarding her situation and not a airhead (quite friendly, but due to her initial objective, that's natural).
You know, I keep asking around about just what exactly does a girl need to qualify for to be labeled as an "airhead". Lately I've been seeing people plaster that on girls who kind of like, just go "ara?" and everyone cries "airhead!". Several years ago (last time I was involved in anime), airhead = "oblivious to the obvious, especially ones own silly actions, and the lack of common sense thereof". I'm glad (so far) Eris isn't like that, and hopefully she'll continue this way come series end.

Quote:
For now, I'm quite curious about Eris and Momiji, and I hope they will keep going like this (so long they don't start recycling tiresome jokes about Eris' chest...), as this is probably the best surprise of the season in my books.
You know what I'm happy about? They only focused on her bare chest mainly 3 times: naturally one for Kio, then Manami, then Hitokasu. Afterwards they didn't really keep doing the zooming effect on her breasts so it came about as acceptable to all parties. Which is great, to me, as eyecandy her breasts will still be there, but it won't get in the way of other things [so far].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I just hope it doesn't come down to the "I'll protect you no matter what" thingy but somehow it seems like it might just crop his chessy head somewhere.
Ha ha, I just have this feeling that could happen, which could be from any of the girls, but history says Eris is the likely candidate

Quote:
I really wonder how things will go with Aoi-chan, she's shaping up to be a contender for new Most Badass female character
Heh, at least she can join the ranks of Most Badass not-so-well-endowed Female Character
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote