View Single Post
Old 2010-08-24, 20:35   Link #66
Veldenz

5) The FFVII soundtrack is cute + it has awesome nostalgia feelings. It has quite a few great tunes on it.

4) All of the Metal Gear Solid soundtracks are great, the first one has the same nostalgia feeling as FFVII and they gradually get less nostalgic, but even more creative and improved performance, the soundtrack to the 4th MGS game was amazing.

3) Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. This was such a creative album and it introduced me to Amon Tobin, imo, one of the best electronic music artists out there at the moment. He fuses jazz, drum and bass, dance music and classical music all into one genre, it's crazy. His soundtrack to Splinter Cell is also one of his best works I think, so it gets a definite high rating from me.

2) All of the Umineko no Naku Koro ni soundtracks. Not a game, as such. It's a visual novel. All of the soundtracks are outstanding though, there's classical music, trance, rock and dark ambient, and there's lots of it too. A very creative soundtrack with a lot of artists collaborating on it. It sets the mood of each scene perfectly.

1) Silent Hill 2. I've never heard a better album of dark ambient, it sets the atmosphere perfectly in the game and imo is the best dark ambient album there is. If it wasn't for the occassional rock song thrown in randomly, it would be a perfect album for me. The songs are nice, but it ruins the mood. Anyway, it's by far the best soundtrack for me.
Veldenz is offline   Reply With Quote