View Single Post
Old 2007-11-01, 22:47   Link #105
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Yeah, Shuu looks at his sister and thinks about what he dislikes about her. I think part of the point there is that he really doesn't have much of a clue what he wants, his list is largely opposites of his sister's features. I'd be severely annoyed if the show ships the twins, it would seem horribly artificial.

Two things came to mind to explain why this younger girl character was dropped into the show somewhat abruptly. First is that she's the age Sana was when he moved away. So it'll be useful to contrast her views on relationships with the older people's... I could particularly see this serving as a way to get Nanaka to realize that her crush was a bit childish. Secondly, I'm thinking the little girl might have more relevance in the game. For instance, say there's an obscure path where Shuu ends up without a successful relationship. But then, some years down the line, he runs into the little girl again. Only now she's maybe 16-18, and a relationship becomes more practical. I expect that the show is going to have to do fairly limited intros to characters that are more significant in the game.