View Single Post
Old 2012-03-07, 23:19   Link #50
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I was referring more to his arrogance towards the current generation of Kages as a whole. Tsunade was only the fourth choice successor to Hiruzen at best, behind Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and Minato. As powerful as some of their predecessors they may not be, but almost any two of the current Kage would be able to curbstomp Madara if he only had his own abilities.
I don't see how you can claim that, everything we know and everything we were told about him tell exactly the opposite story.
Be it from Oonoki, from Dan, from Kabuto, from Madara himself and many others it's just a fact that Hashirama and Madara were the stuff of legend. Considerably more powerful than any Kage, any two Kage or probably all of them together.
His very name is what convinced them all to form the first world-wide alliance in history because they had no hope otherwise and that was before they knew about a Zetsu army or Edo-Tensei.

The fact that he is now using powers he gained after his fight with Hashirama doesn't mean he couldn't win with those he had before. The man is litterally field-testing his powers, the 5 Kages put together haven't been able to make him serious, he is simply using the power he took from his old nemesis against them and they haven't proven equal to the task.
For all his new strengths, the fact is that Madara has not even bothered to make real use of the Rinnengan yet, has hardly used his EMS except for a basic stage of Susanoo and didn't even make much use of the fact that he is undead because all the Kage put together haven't been able to hurt him save for a little graze from Oonoki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
you can say I'm in denial, but it's a fact that madara himself said she was stronger than A, which means she's the strongest kage power-wise. oonoki and gaara have the best techs. A is fastest. Mei is weakest in my book
She's the Kage who can hit the hardest, nothing else, and even that wasn't enough to make more than a crack in Madara's Susanoo in its ribcages stage.
As far as I'm concerned, Mei's Suiton jutsu which stopped Madara's Katon was more impressive than what Tsunade did for the moment, I only hope that after she regenerates she will show off something more impressive and new than just a big punch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Madara is getting a little weird with his reverence for Hashirama...seems like he has a pretty serious man crush on him .
Madara obviously only respects power. Hashirama as the strongest man of his time (and apparently to this day still) is the one person he respects over everything else. If you don't have this level of power then you're not worth anything in Madara's eyes. If you're a Senju and not up to his expectation then you're worse than a waste of oxygen, you're an insult to what you should stand for.
I suspect though that if Hashirama wasn't long dead, Madara would be a little less nostalgic and a little more hateful torward Shodai.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote