View Single Post
Old 2004-06-16, 01:29   Link #17
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

First of all Halo is nothing special, I played and I finished it entirely. But it is nothing compared to Half Life. Halo only got popularity because it was a good FPS for the X-Box. However, the PC version, which has much more graphic quality and sound effects, is nothing great. Halo reminds me of Golden Eye, a simple FPS for the Nintendo 64 that was highly famous. These two games are certainly over rated, and it is sin to say that they are best FPSs out in the market. The console games are no match for the PC games at all, due to the fact that the PC will always have an overwhelming technological advantage over the platform games.

Having said all this, Halo and Golden Eye are NOTHING compared to Half Life, which was praised as the best FPS in the world, and one of the bestseller games as well.

In other words, this poll should have been named; Doom 3 or Half Life 2. Due to the fact that both of them include a new a revolutionary graphic system that is supposed to set new standards for the gaming industry.

As for my preference, I would definitely choose Doom 3. Doom 1 & 2, was the first revolutionary First Person Shooter in the world with a 3D system. And now Doom 3 will tear apart the current 3D industry once again. I'm sure that this game will blow my mind off. That is a blasphemy.

Halo is nothing compared to Doom 3 or Half Life 2. Please don't lower the status of these epic and classic games to the level of Halo. That is a blasphemy.