View Single Post
Old 2009-10-26, 12:15   Link #505
PBsaffran

Hello,

I registered to say my goodbyes to BT from 07th Expansion, but I thought, heck, might as well tell the readers here about it too.

As some may know, I have been working on a french version of the original doujin games Higurashi no naku koro ni since... a long time ago. I think I started in October 2006 and promptly set it on ice because the software didn't support unicode.

Well, time passed, and I can finally announce officially that "Le sanglot des cigales - Tomes 1 et 2" I suppose, will be launched on the Chibi Japan Expo in Paris at the end of the week, then will be made available in stores, though I'm not too sure on the timing.

I know I'm flirting with rule 2.6 about advertisement, but it's such a rare occurence that I thought it might be okay.

I tried to keep it all "original content", but it just wasn't possible. The second minigame with Sphie of Leaf fame had to be supressed. Also, Kouji Kusanagi (who provided 17 songs to the game) made me the honor of remastering the tracks - so some of the musics won't have noise, but they will definitely sound different. Same notes, same melodies, but not same samplings...

Retail price will be 20€. I will translate the following 6 "games" - or books, really - as I manage to do so. It will be a lot easier to do if the sales could feed me, so don't be shy
Noteworthy is that it has an ISBN number, just like a book, and that the minigames were rated 7+ (apparently videogames can't be rated on gorey descriptions alone).

And now to start working on the homepage... dang, more BT material to work on...