View Single Post
Old 2010-11-29, 17:50   Link #1229
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Who the hell eats Pineapple flavoured icecream? So unrealistic...
Japanese people. And before you say unrealistic they have a flavour for just about everything imaginable over there. Here's a sample

I was about to call Takuto a loser for acting like a typical male high schooler lead in anime by getting all panicky over Wako pretending to come into the hot tub, but then I thought about it and suddenly it all made sense. It wasn't just a lame gag, he also wanted his quality time in the Men's hot tub with Sugata. In fact if it weren't for all of the subtly homo-erotic scenes between Takuto and Sugata (and in some cases men in the bathroom breaking the urinal code ) that kept things somewhat amusing then I would have said the first half of this episode pretty much sucked the big one completely and utterly.

For starters the pink haired sisters they just introduced are sadly annoying as hell, just like I thought they were going to be from the preview. Worst of all, the younger one is annoying in the school scenes while the older one is annoying in the Crux Brigade scenes she's in (at least in the first half of the episode) so I'm never quite free from vexation. Also why in god's name does Marino have to be the leader now too? Seriously, when I find myself wanting to hit the fast-forward button during the entire first half and can't be bothered to pay too much attention to what's going on because it's not interesting (aside from the continued hints being dropped about the picture with the "R" signature that keeps popping up and the hint at a shift to third phase) I know an episode has well....lost my interest.

Also was the "My body is ready" meme being thrust into the translation in any form really necessary? I'd argue that linking the material to hit internet memes doesn't make the material any more clever or amusing. At least not for folks like me.

Anyway the second half was as always much better with actual plot and character related stuff being accomplished and we get to see that the men of the Glittering Crux spend their free time in style with an open bar and pub room. Also as mentioned Marino x Mizuno are significantly less irritating during the second half of the episode and the reveal that Marino has a conflict of interest with regard to Mami being the West Maiden and the Brigade obviously desperately needing her for access to the third phase could yield some interesting results in future episodes. I still hold out hope that this dichotomy between the unappealing first half and entertaining second half will eventually give out again like it did with episodes 6-8 which were solid all around.

Lastly agreed about the lack of Monochrome...the whole transformation and zero-time sequence somehow felt lacking without it.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-11-29 at 19:51. Reason: Mizuno, not Mami hurf
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote