View Single Post
Old 2008-12-17, 18:17   Link #1357
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
A man should do what he wants to do. That just comes down to opinions. Kensei clearly was never suited to play the perfect father since it's just not his style.

And if Kensei's uncle is a father figure replacement for Renka then honostly imo the mangaka isn't showing it very well. I never saw a slight hint of her craving for a father figure, the only thing I see her craving for is Kenichi. And I do remember the scene where the uncle obliterated the maffia cause he missed Renka but that's from the uncle's side. At least that's the impression I have on Renka.
I'm referring to the fact that she cared enough about him to go back to the restuarant when he was rampaging instead of staying with Kenichi or retrieving her father. That says to me that she's giving him priority but I suppose that's just my intepretation.

Quote:
Shigure been weaponhunting from the start, they've been opposing Yomi from the start. Wasn't it even stated that Ryozonpaku is the direct opposing force of Yomi. The counterbalance, so to me it doesn't seem that unlikely that Kensei could've winded up there to fight Yomi. I doubt he'll have a story like Apachai where Elder just picked him up. But that's why I said it seems since we don't know any details.
Shigure's weaponhunting is done in an attempt on her part to atone for her fathers supposed sins which goes back to my point of parental influenvce on children being prevalent in this manga.

My point isn't that they're not at war my point is that the war was more like a cold war until Ryozanpaku took on a disciple. So before the escalation in affairs is there any real reason why Kensei would have to leave his family in order to battle Yami. Finally it's not like he lacks enemies back home.