View Single Post
Old 2013-05-31, 21:16   Link #275
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Finally it came to this. From this day on I stopped becoming an anime fan after 18 years of being so. It was its current industry trend that actually killed me.

Back then when I was a kid I used to see some good shows like Rurouni Kenshin, Slam Dunk, Ranma 1/2 and Cardcaptor Sakura and today where these shows go? Instead what I got are generic action/ecchi/harem/moe shows for guys and generic romance/bishounen/reverse-harem/shouta shows for girls. Now anime industry have turned into something like junk food one. Produced in mass quantities, cheap, having little lasting values and can be quickly forgotten as you digest them. Yeah it's true Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Hunter x Hunter but it just not enough. At least for me those shows are good but nowhere as "masterpiece" and "exemplary" as most people claimed. Clannad is probably the last show that actually plot-driven despite being less than 50 episodes long(both seasons).

The only decent shounen shows right now are also quick cash-grabbing shows like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach(now ended) and Fairy Tail. Toriko is also heading in that way too. I know without these shows the industry itself will be in jeopardy but that's not an excuse not to make better plot-driven shows. About the plot most of the popular shounen shows are pulled for too long. Naruto, Bleach and One Piece are the biggest offenders(though I personally picked for One Piece because it is older than the other two). What's worse they are some shounen shows that actually tried to appeal teenage girls and young adult women instead of intended marketing audience(teenage boys). I'm not going to argue about that further but some people already figured what I'm try to say even they actually disagree with me.

While the industry itself is never better or worse than in recent years but I think I need to stop here. Ore no Imouto 2 will be the last anime I ever saw as an anime fan. It is sad to let it go of what already part of myself for 18 years but someday we need to say goodbye to our best friend. For me the day is today.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote