View Single Post
Old 2006-10-21, 21:30   Link #206
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch View Post
Am I right in saying that the next game 07th expansion brings out will be a professional release? I remember reading that somewhere.
If 07th Expansion (Ryukishi07-san's doujin circle name) can get a proper staff, maybe.

It depends on where Ryukishi-san wants to go, really. I'm sure he has enough support and power to turn 07th Expansion into a commerical company if he wanted to, but without a proper staff (a proper genga artist (character art), graphical artist (he can't use edited photographs as backgrounds forever ), colorist, and (at least one) dedicated programmer + maybe music composer), he's not going to be able to make games that look any better than Higurashi (which isn't very good looking, by market standards ^^; ).

So, if he's satisified with where he's at right now, there's no need for 07th Expansion to go commercial. Likewise, if he chooses to go commerical, he will have to put together a standalone staff (because a lot of things you do in doujin, such as using outside resources, becomes restricted when you go commercial).

Judging from the recent trip to Izu islands, it looks like he's still trying to do things by himself (+ his current "family staff" ). Maybe somewhere in the middle, he'll realize that he can't do everything on his own anymore and recruit a proper staff? Let's hope so.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote