View Single Post
Old 2003-11-12, 18:04   Link #33
Daeluin

it really bothers me how mashadar and metachronism are always right there to point out mistakes in others work. even to the point of scouring through another group's episode for typos to publicly point out. and I'm not talking about the stupid meta-starduck fight this has dwindled down to.

I would like to play the game, actually, and I would make time for it. but alas I do not read japanese fluently, and I know of no translation. and until I can experience the plot in the way it was meant to unfold, I have no intention of reading websites full of spoilers. Chii has resources available to him in this regard, and he does a fine job getting most things right.

as for the translation, I feel uncomfortable at certain places with either one. but personally, I prefer how Chii's wording has more flow to it, which leads to a better understanding than perfect accuracy does, in my opinion. yes, of course we all try to do the best work we can, but we are not professinals, we are fans, so there will be a mistake we miss sometimes.

in case anyone hasn't noticed, both mash and meta are from NLA, while starduck and myself are from ANBU. so to whomever isn't part of these groups, it might be good to take the last half of this thread so far with a grain of salt and an unbiased smile and nod.
; )

oh yes, that insignificant french sign. curiosity overcame me and I wanted to know what it said. since we had a fluent french speaker on hand, I made him translate it, then decided others, like me, might be curious, so we added it to the end.
I don't see a big problem with this.