View Single Post
Old 2013-03-16, 23:43   Link #41
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
But here is the major difference, Kiroumaru was honest about it. He told them that if given the opportunity or if he felt his tribe was in danger he might have attacked them too. More than anything that honesty to me makes him even more honorable.
I agree. I prefer what they did here to both unwavering loyalty and betrayal. It shows his ultimate pragmatism. To me, though, the difference between Krioumaru and Yakomaru isn't so much one of honour, as it's one of... leadership style. Yakomaru's a meticulous planner who doesn't like risks; he's also very smart. Kiroumaru is the type to charge in and adapt to the situation.

Kiroumaru's honest, now, because he's got nothing left to lose, and in this situation, he's better off if the kids trust him. He is more "honourable" than Yakomaru in the sense that he understands the value of honesty and collaboration. I'm pretty sure Yakomaru thinks of other people in terms of risks and behaviour probablility.

Let me put it his way: Kiroumaru plays poker; Yakomaru plays chess. The former assesses the opponent more, the latter assesses the board. It's not a perfect analogy, but that's the impression I get.