View Single Post
Old 2008-12-23, 03:31   Link #1132
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
I'm gonna give it to you straight...What has Shanks accomplished through his talking...?
Spoiler:
trying to do something but failing is not "nothing"
waht it does show is that Shanks is highly likely to take on furthar action in the future

Quote:
Shanks has done nothing to influence the era but bring a young boy out to sea. No more important than what Mihawk in the story has done. Heck we haven't even had many Shanks showings and your acting as if he's so relevant right now; he's not.
actually what shanks did IS more important... as i said, the great difference between what Shanks does and what Mihawk does is that Shanks does things for the benefit of not himself but the era in general... Shanks expects great things from Luffy and to move the era, and he also tried to move thigns when he wanted to get in touch with Whitebeard...

Mihawk on the other hand, he does things for himself... he has a personal interest in Zoro as Zoro can be a potential new challanger to him... he doesn't give a damn about how Zoro might effect the era. Mihawk is arrogant and selfish in his actions...

all in all, this gives Shanks more importance than Mihawk

Quote:
Mihawk:"If you fancy yourself a swordsman, then we need not cross blades.
I shall divine the difference in our strengths by eye.
Pheh, your comparing Mihawk looking at someone who isn't even strong enough to stand in his shadow to Shanks? If Mihawk could determine ALL strength including such close to his own at a glace, then it would have been pointless for him to even bother battling Shanks in the past as he would already know the outcome...

that just ain't gonna cut it, unless you are trying to argue that Shanks is not just weaker but SIGNIFICANTLY weaker, which is unlikely due to his status in the world...

not to mention the fact that Mihawk says he has no interest in fighting a one armed man... sounds more like he's not even using that glance of his and just looking with arrogance and saying that someone with a handicap his beneath him...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote