View Single Post
Old 2012-11-05, 14:38   Link #2440
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitarisuto View Post
Hi! I'm new here. xD I've been learning some of the K-On! songs on guitar with the official tabs that I found here.

I'm very grateful that you guys took the time to transcribe them from the score books. Although, I was wondering whether some things I noticed were actually in the score books or were put into GP5 format awkwardly? IDK.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I hope I don't sound rude or anything, but I wanted to point out a few of what I think are errors; I don't know if the score book is at fault, or if I have bad ears, or. xD

Hi Gitarisuto, thanks for the feedback. As the one who tabbed all three of those songs, I can guarantee that they are transcribed directly from the book (of course, there might be a typo so please feel free to point out whatever you think sounds wrong). In addition, I have found places where the score book differs a quite a bit from what the song actually sounds like--in most of these cases I have done my best to "correct" it and add a note explaining the difference.

I actually do think the Come With Me solo sounds correct. I'm pretty sure I hear a simple C major run in the actual track which matches what's in the score.

Images

The Uki Uki New! My Way tab also matches the score book but I think you are right. The solo as transcribed sounds wrong. I'll update the score with the fix (and note).

Images

For the Singing! solo, I'm pretty sure the ascending tones that you hear are meant to be represented by the "x" hammer-ons, probably indicating you should just slide your hand up the neck while tapping. It doesn't sound right at all in Guitar Pro. I'll add a note to that effect.

Images

Last edited by trenton_dawn; 2012-12-13 at 01:26.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote