View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 20:54   Link #23
Midonin
Last Engage

Chu2Koi 09 - Eastern Magick Underground Culture Attack!

Shinka's not wearing a mask any more than Sanae or Rikka is. She may be a little more rough in her expression of it, but if there was every any proof needed that she genuinely sees the club as her friends, this is it. And her idea for the school festival - Dark Flame Master vs Tyrant's Eye in the middle of a crowded street where all can see it, ridiculous powers unleashed... is totally awesome! If next episode is indeed this festival, it's all I'm hoping for that it delivers this fight. Because we got one mantra this week with no cut to the world of delusions to go with it. That singularity's jamming the signals.

The visual effects with the butterflies in that one scene were really nice. I love it when the background comments on the foreground, in ways subtle or less than subtle. Really, I got a lot about Shinka this episode. She may deny otherwise, but believing in the mystical powers of Feng Shui isn't that much different from thinking magical fairies make the world go round. I think she can definitely improve the public standing of the OMNSS - or at least become a snazzy interior decorator. Something that matches the magical circle in the middle and improves the room's flow.