View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 19:20   Link #319
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Toradora, Gosick, Hourou Musuko, Sketchbook. I guess it's not that much now that I think about it.
I'll give you the first three but Sketchbook really changes a few things compared to the manga, enough that while you can enjoy both they're different from each other.

TL;DR…
sketchbook adaptation
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Any idea how she managed to build herself such a reputation? Was it because of a particular work (True Tears, I would assume) or because she's highly prolific?
True Tears helped her in the industry , P.A works contacted her soon after to work with her again and going by what she said in the interview that's where she's got the most creative freedom,should make the upcoming Nagi no Asukara quite interesting to follow.
Then Kawamori noticed True Tears as well and asked her to be part of the Aquarion Evol staff.
And then Yamakan noticed True Tears too and asked her to be part of Fractale (though I really do wonder if they still get along, he wrote a huge rant on twitter against the Lupin III anime Okada was a part of)
She was contacted for Ano Hana soon after True Tears as well

The funny thing is that going by the interviews,true tears was a real team effort and yet she's the only staff member who's career really took off (then again director /writer Nishimura is a veteran who had already been around a while anyway)

As for popularity in the english speaking world,no idea about elsewhere but on animesuki Ano Hana and Hanasaku Hiroha were being discussed enough to get a subforum and they aired the same season.
Also this board has quite a Noitamina following and she was a part (for better or worse) of 4 NoitaminA animes in about a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
2. Okada just puts herself out there a lot. She has some incredibly open and candid interviews. Most other anime writers don't seem to put themselves out there like that (the only exceptions I can think of being Urobuchi and Yoshino).
I'm not sure that's really the case,I'm sure plenty of other writers give interviews,it's just that they're hardly ever translated.

Last edited by totoum; 2013-02-10 at 19:35.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote