View Single Post
Old 2013-08-07, 08:14   Link #4119
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Been playing Kajiri Kamui Kagura since the last few weeks, and only now I remembered that I was playing 'ano ko ha ore kara hanarenai' before that. Let's talk a bit about it.

It's...what do you call this type of game again? Not exactly moege (although the illusts are a lot more moe than your typical GIGA game), the selling point seems to be the characters and/or the whole atmosphere of the game so...charage? fuuinkige? Whatever, but as you might know, GIGA produces these kinds of game every now and then between the gameplay heavy ones (which I suspect also acts as debut or training roles for new seiyuus, but not quite sure).

Sadly though, the only other game of this type I've played from GIGA was Sakaagari Hurricane (though that one had a bit more drama in it). But, with this and that included they strike right in my comfort zone.

AnoOre used the riajuu theme like Haganai, and even the overall composition seems to overlap quite a bit but didn't really felt like a blatant rip-off and doesn't stop it from being a fun read. However, I do sometimes feel like some of the settings introduced at the start of the game and character introductions became less and less prominent as the story progress in favor of the dynamics between the club members (perhaps it symbolizes the change in them, I don't know).

As for the individual routes, I've only finished one (Momiji) and in process of another (Manami). My general impression is there's a lot of sweet and fun moments, and a bit of problem solving with nice ero moments thrown in. Very fun to read in between the 'heavier' games.