View Single Post
Old 2007-09-20, 10:39   Link #30
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Young children? Only Satoko and Rika could be considered as such and I haven't noticed them killing anyone. And violence commited by teenagers happens quite often in action anime. If the media pressure forces TVs to cancel a Higurashi episode, the media might as well press for the arrest the producers of say Black Lagoon for the Hensel and Gretel episodes...

Satoko and Rika might not have killed anyone but they were brutally killed (and tortured) in arcs. And Satoko did knock Keichii off a bridge.

Mion, Shion, Rena and Keiichi might not be little children but they are still young. The girl who committed the actual murder was only 16.

I honestly don't notice a lot of shows where violent acts of murder and torture are committed by children or teenagers.

And I already said I didn't think the show should be canceled but don't you think you are overreacting? Canceling a TV show does not equal arrests. For all we know they will air the show another week or another station will air it.

Although from what I've seen the first season of Higurashi was a lot worse in violent content than the second season.