Thread: Licensed Denno Coil (TV Series!)
View Single Post
Old 2008-06-20, 12:16   Link #996
wao
OK.

Epic bump of justice!

Some days back (...more than a week by now?) there was a 4-hour Coil Night event (EDIT: I think ti's the same one as mentioned by manuloz up there) held where Iso and a bunch of the other staff came and talked (they showed a bit of ep 10 too). According to the blog of Tadashi Hiramatsu (the guy responsible for the OP and ep 10), there was a 10-year-old kid and a deaf-mute, all sorts of people (have you ever really thought about deaf-mute anime fans?)

There was Iso, Inoue, Nomura, Hiramatsu and the special guest was none other than Gisaburou Sugii (best known for the animated Night on the Galactic Railroad movie?).

To be honest I kind of forgot about it entirely after reading about it on Hiramatsu's blog, but today I kinda remembered about it again so unless some kind soul would like to do it faster and better than me, wait for it. I think there's little about it in English yet...

My real reason for posting here however is that...

They're making what sounds like a real Dennou Coil artbook!!11!1one
Dennou Coil Visual Collection.
Amazon link.
The Animage site (currently) has this announcement of it: It features a genga collection, handpicked by Toshiyuki Inoue, and will reveal most of the designs and materials drawn by Iso himself. Usually you can't trust anime magazines when they say it will be a "ve~ry thick book", but here's the details...
Size: A4 (!)
Pages: expected to be 288 (!!... of course, how much is actual content remains to be seen)
Price: 3500 yen (hello everybody, my birthday is next Tuesday*)

Animage says it's expected to go on sale 30th June (oh wow, that's just six days aft- *ahem* sorry) but Amazon says 11 July. Which one to believe? The official site is as unhelpful as ever, doesn't have a peep on this topic.

* - this is actually true.