View Single Post
Old 2011-12-03, 20:50   Link #56
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
First of all, let me just say that I find it absolutely hilarious that loli-Rin has engaged an opposing Master in direct physical conflict before her own father has, when he's the one that's actually participating in this Holy Grail War, not her. The contrast in personality between father and child could hardly be more clear: One brings a whole new meaning to the word "cautious" while the other was quite the little heroic risk-taker here.

With that being said, the scenes between Tokiomi and Rin were genuinely nice ones, perhaps adding a touch of complexity to a character that badly needed it (I'm speaking of Tokiomi, of course). It was good to finally see Kariya again, although he didn't do much. I have to admit that by the time the ED came on, I thought to myself 'What, that's it? Really? That's all we're going to see this episode?'.

In fairness, the episode itself was a mostly pleasant watch, but it felt a bit out of place given what had come before it.

The incongruent nature of the episode is something I'd be willing to entirely let slide if Fate/Zero was a fast-paced show and viewers really could use a breather episode right about now. However, that's not the case. The last episode of Fate/Zero wasn't terribly eventful itself.

Loli-Rin and her friend Kotone were adorable, and in a different anime I'd probably give this a 8/10, but as a Fate/Zero episode at this juncture, it doesn't deserve any more than 7/10, imo. So that's what I'm giving it.