View Single Post
Old 2012-06-14, 15:37   Link #9498
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naginoura View Post
This again... Seriously, I'm dumbfounded by people who spend so much effort calling Nisio a bad writer over and over again because of a single chapter. How many times has this happened and then it all got explained!? It's impossible to judge Nisio on a chapter basis the way you would a regular mangaka. In fact, it's impossible to do that with any novelist/mangaka who began by writing novels. Nisio is a man who can write 1000 pages in one sitting for a book that's supposed to be only 400 pages long and then write another 1000, compressing it all down to those 400 pages. You can't expect him to explain everything in detail in every single chapter when all he has is 18~20 pages.

What's more appalling is the reason why everyone is calling him a bad writer. Just because the man didn't do the stuff you expected for a character you loved, he is a bad writer? I was thinking everyone here was a Nisio fan to some extent. This is like loving a chapter of a certain manga because a "captain" or an "uchiha" has appeared and hating it when they are gone the next chapter. Not something I expect from a Nisio fan.

Then again everyone still keeps calling Nisio a troll and calling anything that has yet to be explained an asspull except people like Sol Falling, so I guess I should keep my expectations low.

Please wait for something to be explained before making a ton of assumptions —whether it's to badmouth the chapter/writer or defend it. Otherwise, everything gets heated up and I end up having to read 6 pages without being able to answer a single post.

Anyway, I think Kumagawa will triumph again in the popularity poll. The 6 pages of Ajimu destroying the stand-in suitors (along with her recent character development) will most likely get her a better placement. In a perfect world, Naze would be second, but Medaka's change and finally losing probably make her more popular with most fans. Zen has been gaining some popularity, but it's mostly on the yaoi front of fandom and most recently, the harem lovers. I doubt he'll move up by much.
Have you ever been to Narutoforums. This is mild in comparison.

I liked this chapter, sort of, I thought it was going slow though it was good for developing Emuke. When the suitor used the screws I though the same thing I did last chapter. She uses screwdrivers, so maybe Kumagawa `beat`her. Then I saw that Emukae may die.

Then I knew....The Loser King is coming next chapter. Then I saw...Dat Dirt on my shoe is here.

Kumagawa has arrived!

Looks like allfiction is just as powerful.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote