View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 08:03   Link #14
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I suppose the most obvious example I can think of off-hand is Little Busters (Rin). I can also think of one example where the sister in question was an older sister, and that's Tama-nee from To Heart 2.

In most of the other cases I can think of, the fact that the "sister" has (an) older brother(s) is not necessarily so important. (The other siblings may be older than the protagonist, so not have any connection to him.) Having the older brother be the friend of the protagonist and having the romantic interest be the friend's sister happens, but it's a rather precise combination.

(Incidentally, I can think of two eroge off-hand where this particular relationship combination was a plot element in at least the associated route: Owarinaki Natsu, Towanaru Shirabe, and your diary. I'm sure there are more (particularly beyond the games I've played), but I'm trying to think of examples where both the brother and the sister played prominent roles.)
For me it's rare in animes and even still rare in eroge and VN's. The only other example that i can think off besides the mentioned examples is Memories off 5, Togireta Film in which one of the heroines is the younger sister of the MC's best friend (and both of them have relevance in the plot).

edit: there are a few more sisters who have brothers who are not the MC in VN's and eroges that i can think off , but (one of) those characters don't have much too add in the story.
In a way Kyou from Irotoridori no sekai falls under this kind of sister as well, seeing that her older brother is never directly shown in the game but only mentioned

Last edited by hyl; 2013-01-06 at 08:26.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote