View Single Post
Old 2012-01-29, 07:14   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I agree with Ledgem. Maybe we need the restrictions but the current system is just really killing the possibility of new topics, which seems to just make the forums themselvs dumber.

I mean yeah, you have random crap threads in General, but you also have really smart threads in General and everything has to start somewhere and it might not be the "image of perfection" the thread proposal require but if you just fobid everything you'll never get anything good either; which means the series forums are pretty much just a collection of episode threads; maybe a manga thread and image thread (if those are actually relevant). Since really what it's saying is "posts are allowed, but topics aren't" so how can you exapect anything but complete randomness when you forbid the things that are actually meant to add order.

There's also an additional consequence to this. Initially, back when this was initially concieved in the Shuffle days, people were used to "discussing only episodes in the episode thread" so when you forbid threads everyone still discussed only episodes in the episode threads. Now, because you actually don't have anything BUT episode threads, we periodically get random crap in episode threads. Because we're well past the point where people would think: "this should only be discussed in a seperate topic, instead of brouth up every episode thread". Stupid topics might be stupid, but at least they're really easy to ignore. Garbage in the episode threads, not so easy to ignore. Stupid threads also die out, episode threads on the other hand just conveninently re-hash the same nonsense over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san
I used to question this too--then I looked at mangafox.
What exactly are you talking about? (I don't frequent the forum's there)