View Single Post
Old 2012-04-10, 15:49   Link #2471
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
@Vexx: Lethal Archery. I don't have many mods installed (Skyrim doesn't really need much, it's a great game even vanilla), but that was one of the things I wanted to address. I had a blast as a sniper in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but the same playstyle is impossible to recreate in Skyrim without mods.

Re: dagger to a sword fight, I have Chillrend for that purpose, and I have favorited both my ancient DB armor (backstab mode) and my Nightingale armor (hack and slash mode). If I get detected before stabby-tiems, I switch to the other gear. Chillrend does such an absurd amount of damage on its own that with power attacks and dropping Mayhem bombs I can fairly easily wipe out entire groups with little trouble.

Usually though, one on one? I just stab them once in the ass and they die. The game occasionally glitches and registers the hit as a normal hit and not a backstab, though. But elder dragons, dwarven mechs, giants, draugr deathlords... if I can get the drop on them (abusing invis potions and the Nocturnal vanishing talent) they're dead in one hit.

My assassin character gets a 30x multiplier on dagger sneak attack (15x from talents and then double damage from ancient brotherhood gloves) and I carry the strongest dagger in the game (Blade of Woe) which has max upgrades. With 100 one-handed and all the damage-increasing 1H talents, the dagger's per-hit damage is 67. Multiply that by 30 and you get a big number.

I have not yet encountered an enemy that doesn't die in one backstab. This is with no mods, completely vanilla.
mehunes dagger is better than the astrid's dagger
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote