View Single Post
Old 2010-08-05, 23:04   Link #61
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmm, possibly. It depends on how much DNA altering transformation magic does, and it being 'transformation' and not 'illusion' I'd say it would. That'd mean that a girl who transforms the proper tools would be able to get another girl pregnant.

Now for the real brain-killer: What would happen if a man got himself pregnant while transformed, and transforms back?
This is not entirely possible, Keroko.

Transformation in the real sense may alter the body to switch between genders, but the mental state of said transformer remains largely unchanged. Well, unless the transformer becomes eccentric and changes how his or her brains work, too.

The ability to produce progenies (at least, in terms of Homo sapiens, not sure who qualifies as this in Nanohaverse other than Nanoha herself) is largely driven by the endocrine system. That is to say, even if Nanoha transforms herself to a male, she will lack the appropriate hormones to sufficiently induce the production of the male seeds unless she transforms how her brains work. Same thing goes the other way. I doubt Yuuno would've found a way to circumvent his hormonal system to suddenly start oozing estrogen and progesterone as well.

On the progressive look of things, this may explain why transformation is not generally retained for a long time (except for animal forms), since it'd look extremely awkward should a male Nanoha suddenly be looking a little bit more buxom on the ... you know what I mean.

Of course, this is just on the natural side of things ... nobody knows if it may happen when the synthetics, alter-egos, and other peculiarities are introduced.