View Single Post
Old 2010-12-01, 23:04   Link #24
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Gah...

Wow! Just Wow!

I wasn't effected much by Shiori in the manga, but wow. This episode just hit me in all the right spots.

I've always had a thing for willful stubborn intelligent girls who are also shy and timid. And like all anime girls that manage to crack past my "it's just a cartoon" armor, Shiori reminds me very strongly of a girl I dated and loved, and still have fond memories of.

Plus, I love books. I love the way they feel. I love libraries and bookstores. I feel safe, and in my place when I enter. I hate seeing any book, any book on any subject being tossed away. When Shiori was going on about how "books are life" all I could think was:

Preach it sister!

I mean... I did get suspended multiple times from school for reading too much. I cut class to go to the library. That time when I was a little kid and I ran away from home my parents found me easily- they just went to the nearest bookstore. I'm not as focused on reading as I once was, but boy it brings back good memories.

And her comment about being safe in her castle... gah... it just made me want to storm her castle and whisk her away on an intellectual romance, discussing all the things she's reading, and all the things I'm reading. That's the kind of romance you get with a girl like her.

Being awkward and over-thinking everything you say, that was so me in highschool. Even today I can start over thinking and planning out conversations (which then never go the way I plan).

And then to top it off, at the end the book in her hand? Principles of Economics! Economics baby! (I am an Economics major, and love economics). Dah!!! Why is my dream girl an animated character?

Sigh... well, at least I know there is a real life version out there. Maybe I should give her a call, get together for New Years or something.

As for pacing, they are actually going faster then with Kanon. They got through 1.5 chapters, so I'm not certain they intend a 3 episode arc. Maybe 2.5?

Oh... And at the start of the episode I was so happy to see the most important character finally appear: Fire Engines!

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?