View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 05:21   Link #43
Dr. Casey

Okay episode. The wedding between Saito and Louise at the end was cute and nicely done, and some of the nonsensical elements (Namely Saito somehow hijacking a plane) reach 'So bad it's good' territory.

The moment where Saito proposed to Louise wasn't something I was able to find moving, though, because the relationships in this series are so random and jump around so much that I pretty much lost my ability to care about these bizarre relationships (That are so unlike normal human relationships) a long time ago, in much the same way that someone who's just finished a twelve hour trip might be too nauseated and carsick to care about the fact that their destination's reached. Isn't this like the 47th time that Saito's confessed his love to Louise for reals? It's only a matter of time, too, until someone else falls in love with Saito, at which point they'll have their personality (Whatever that might be) warped into a slobbering obsessive cock-starved bimbo that completely disregards the fact that Louise and Saito are an item, since the anime apparently thinks that chararacters with consistent personalities are the devil's work. I think SmarterChild could write a story with characters that make more sense than these do. (Though, writing issues aside, the series does have likable characters and very pretty artwork. I like the series, no doubt, it just gives me a headache sometimes.)