View Single Post
Old 2009-10-09, 22:08   Link #16669
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Intelligent Devices (despite the fact that every main cast member seems to wind up with one) are very rare, very special pieces of technology. They definitely aren't the norm for mages, even military mages (Chrono, for example, is only shown using Storage Devices: first S2U and later Durandal). If this "Chris" has an Intelligent Device at all, then there should be a serious plot-heavy reason for it, whether it's because he's a TSAB mage prodigy or because he's an evil serial killer associated with a powerful conspiracy group with access to Evil Mad Science. And he shouldn't be bringing it to Miyuki's garage for repair, either: Device Meisters like Mariel and Shari don't grow on trees and their lab facilities don't, either (consider, for example, the way in which the repairs for Raising Heart and Bardiche had to happen in A's).
Yes, Sora was kind enough to point that out to me while we were discussing it via PM. And now there's a new hole in my desk. Gah, I have to find a way to work around that one.

Quote:
Um...so why is your desk dented?
It's such an excellent method of working off stress, you see.

Quote:
Yes, you do need to that. How am I supposed to write any NanoFate stories without you giving me ideas for them?
Now I feel inspired.

EDIT: Gah! Forgot to answer this...

Quote:
Is the opening line a quotation? If so, from what?
Yep, it's a quotation from "How To Save A Life" by The Fray. I found it oddly fitting for the chapter, for some reason.

Last edited by RadiantBeam; 2009-10-09 at 22:11. Reason: Forgot to answer Dezo's question!
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote