View Single Post
Old 2010-04-09, 00:49   Link #1569
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socke View Post
I hate to say this but I'm not going to learn Japanese simply just want to play games. For me that just a loser strategy, as you can't beat them, join them. I believe Bandai CAN bring some good Gundam games to the Western market but unfortunately they refused because they afraid those games may not sell well despite having potential of critical(not financial) success. Instead they bring us some crappy Gundam games like Musou and Battle Assault series. Those are the biggest blasphemy to Gundam mythology.

No offense to fans but I just can't stand some Japanophile gamers who hated every good games that aren't made by the Japanese like God of War for example. I also hates every Western gamers that hate Japanese games too.
Your crappy Gundam games actually sell better than those games you love, sad to say.
Beside, it's your loss anyway. People who refuse to take a step forward and only wait for other to change to fit their need won't get the good things anyway.

I don't see how it's loser strategy to lear Japanese, really. You think you should take a stance and show Bandai how important the customers outside of Japan, but sadly, they don't even care about you guys. I myself pretty sure that game like GGene Spirit/Wars won't sell nearly as good as Gundam Musou, although being a Musou series hater myself.

Lastly, learning Japanese will earn you much more benefit than just for "playing a game". At least for me, it will.