View Single Post
Old 2012-05-24, 07:09   Link #901
leukrota

Continuing Touma's Esper status discussion from http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...81#post4173881

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
But Touma is not any level 0. Even if he took the curriculum, how do you know the IB didn't block/interfere-with the brain modifications he could have had? Until there's something more concrete we can't say for sure that he has an esper power.
*sigh* Ok, I hate repeating myself, especially when you retort with a point I made myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Thus it's safe to say that yes, Touma can produce AIM (the can here is to emphasize the fact that' it's technically erased by IB)
In other word, regardless of his level he MUST HAVE an esper power but it's constantly erased by IB. Thus he's an esper but just can't use his ability.
An example if you don't get it yet, just because it's night doesn't mean that the sun died, does it? So can you say that Touma's not an esper because his power is constantly erased by IB?
*sigh* You're the one who doesn't get it. To begin with, what I "retorted" with is not the same point you made. I'll put it in a easier way to understand:

There's no guarantee that the curriculum worked on Touma, you're just assuming it did when there's no confirmation. The IB could have messed the "esperification" process itself.

So no, it's not safe to say that he can produce AIM.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote