View Single Post
Old 2009-01-05, 10:48   Link #1022
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post

I am not firm with your country laws but from where I live Ranka can not taken into full responsibility as she is not recognized as fully adulted.
That's why I said "to learn" Teenager phase is the time where a child is growing up to be an adult, a time where he or she will have to realize that he or she can't live in their own personal enjoyment.

Of course, a teenager is not an adult. It is just that people don't think them as a "little child" who can be excused from every of his/her naivety and selfishness anymore. They are still a child in adult's eye, but most of them (teenagers) will realize that the world is not revolving around them anymore. This is where teenagers and a child is differentiated

Ranka, while initially is shown to have the rebellious phase of teenagers nowadays, actually displays more child-like personality than a teenager's personality at certain point, especially when Ep. 21 commences, when she thought only of her own wanting Alto to come with her. It is a selfish desire mixed with naivety-a child-like emotion rather than a teenager's emotion (Of course, naivety and selfishness applies to a lot of teenagers' trait sometimes. But Ranka in the latter part of Macross Frontier does display this a lot and seems to hardly think about the others feeling, hence the child-like emotion comment )

Quote:
Btw. being a teen is a time where you still enjoy youth without taking full responsibilities so you are able to grow gently. Responsibility comes from itself.
Responsibilities come when you are faced with problems that is coming along from your own choices, whether you have already thought the choices hardly enough or not. It's not the case that they have to fully take the responsibilities, but try to think about how to deal with the problems and don't run away from it-to face it no matter how harsh the problem is.

Assuming responsibility is not a direct process-you will learn it along with simply enjoying your youth too