View Single Post
Old 2009-05-06, 23:39   Link #3
Shadow Kira01

Smile An Advice from Kira01

I have heard of the mid-life crisis, but never have I heard of the quarter-life crisis. I guess its pretty much the same thing, hearing what you have been through..

If you have graduated with a degree and that you now have a good-paying job along with a house, etc... It generally means that life is going pretty smooth and well for you. Of course, the job you have may not be the one you like or seek but that can't be helped as long as its paying you pretty well.

Although I plan on becoming a journalist who specializes in politics and international affairs but if I don't qualify due to a missing college degree, I don't mind ending up with the huge "freeter" crowd. There isn't much uncertainty.. The general concept is pretty much you study for a better job and one way or the other, you will get a job, work and find your path. Some aim low, some aim high, in the end.. Its all the same.

I have to tell you though. Once you settle down on a job, it is entirely possible that you will stuck in the same career for the rest of your life. However, if you choose to wait for an occupation you actually like, chances are that you will be joining the unfortunate bunch who are suffering from the financial crisis. That'd actually be a lot worse..

What I am trying to say is that don't think too much about that trivial uncertainty of yours. Of course, life during your college days will never be the same after it passes by. Welcome to the world of the adults sonny! It is only natural that you go to work and come back home everyday after the work, there really isn't much to it. Its called "life".

What you should be looking forward now is to work hard and hope for an early retirement. Of course, if you are ambitious, you would probably attempt to aim high by seeking multiple promotions, such as transferring to other companies, etc and continue looking upward. However, that way of life may be quite stressful and busy, so its your call..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote