View Single Post
Old 2009-05-14, 22:17   Link #31
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
What the previous poster said, and it applies to all acoustic instruments. The quality of the material they are made with, how exact is precision the parts and their manufacturing process was, etc. Don't underestimate acoustic instruments ;p
Maybe it just applies to drums. But like all musical instruments, regular tuning is a must to maintain sound quality, like once a month or once per week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Not only does build quality have a lot to do with a guitar's sound quality, but it's also a little synonymous with brand...An Epiphone and a Squire may just be affordable versions of Gibson and Fender, respectively, but they're still built by their respective patent companies...There are differences, but the differences are really minute, and probably won't be picked up by most casual users, and in the hands of an experienced player played through a full-stack and run through a PA, yeah, you'll definitely hear the difference then...But there would still otherwise be nothing shitty about an Epiphone or Squire, especially when compared to something even lower in the chain of quality, like a First Act...
Although I am a pretty beginner-ish guitar player, I can hear stark differences between a Epiphone and a Fender. A Fender has a purer sound, like something that melts with a consistency when a single note is played. An Epiphone doesn't really have that kind, the sound melts much quicker and doesn't have much of a consistent sustain. Something like a difference between a freefall velocity-time graph and an acceleration-time graph. But that is just my opinion, no offense to anyone out there.

Anyway, I started out playing the piano/keyboard. A word of advice if you are a person who loves playing the piano and hates following notes and set pieces : NEVER buy Yamaha. They make good drumsets, moderate guitars, but lousy pianos. I just got a Weinberg 2nd hand, and after tuning it sounds much less coarse than my previous Yamaha.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote