View Single Post
Old 2010-07-12, 23:09   Link #22
scorpio516

Warning: long and rambling post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
As someone who stopped reading the manga to enjoy the anime better, I'd have to say that I rarely notice or care about the slower pace these days. I've thoroughly enjoyed the the last two arcs personally.
About 5 years ago, I started watching One Piece. It took me 4.5 years to get through the first 10 episodes (but I did read the first 150-ish chapters, up to in Little Garden). Over the last 6 months, I've watched the other 447, catching up last week.
Impel Down had some serious pacing issues, compared to the earlier episodes, IMHO.

Quote:
I've noticed that since Sabaody Archipelago and Impel Down. For the most part they have stretched episodes out for one chapter is equal to one episode. Really, I think the longest run of fillers this series has ever had was probably between the Alabasta and Jaya Arcs. I believe that was 13 episodes.
Possible between Water 7 and Thriller Bark Arcs. That was around 11 episodes. Still, it's a lot better then that Naruto 2 straight years of filler.
Between Enis Lobby and Thriller Bark, there was 11, but there were some extra episodes in the post Enis arc too. There were even 8 extra episodes within Enis Lobby.

After seeing what has happened to Bleach after long filler arcs, I am a little worried. But those also suffer from deteriorating source materials...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote