View Single Post
Old 2010-08-17, 13:01   Link #115
Nerroth
NePoi!

Each round of combat has a set of 6 orders; initially, they can be either Attack, Break or Guard. (Attack beats Break, Break beats Guard, and Guard beats Attack.) Once you start unlocking Servant skills, they can be used in place of a regular action; they usually cost a certain amount of MP from your Servant's total. Also, once per round, the Master can either use an item, or 'code cast' a spell for this or that purpose.

When giving your orders, you often see one or more of the enemy's orders shown for you; this can be a standard order, a skill (not defined, but you might be able to guess depending on who you fight, and which part of the order sequence it's in) or an Extra order (i.e. a Noble Phantasm; only Servants have those).

Some monsters follow a common order sequence, though if you encounter a similar-looking monster with a new name in a subsequent week, it might throw in a few surprises (like a random order or two, or perhaps a skill or something).

Also, when it comes to your Servants, each one has a different NP. Archer has Unlimited Blade Works; Saber has... something else I won't spoil for you; and I dunno yet about Caster.

By the way, I finished the Saber run-through; but I'm having trouble getting past the first week with Caster I just got on to week 2 with Caster. She's not easy to handle, game-wise; but then, she's supposed to be the toughest of the three Servants in that regard.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2010-08-17 at 13:26.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote