View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 15:23   Link #345
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I remeber there being a few Marvel cartoons on TV around the same time as the Timmverse DC materials. X-Men, Spiderman, and I think a Hulk and later Hulk/She-Hulk show, and a version of The Avengers. There might have been another, but I don't remember. I watched the Spiderman and X-men fairly regularly until it switched to the alternate universe Ultimate Spiderman series. But I kept up with the Timmverse series more until they changed to the Cartoon Network (which we didn't get at that time). I rewatched JL/JLU later when I found out they made more after Batman/Superman ended.

Batman: The Brave and The Bold was a little silly, but it did showcase a lot of C and D grade heros/villans. It also made Auqaman cool in an over the top cheesy way. Though the Timmverse Auqaman was something of a badass, he wasn't around all that much. Brave and the Bold was campy, but took some more serious tones than say the Adam West Batman of the 1960s or the Superfriends series. Namely that sometimes people die, and others have to deal with it afterwards.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-11-14 at 15:33.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote