View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 18:33   Link #793
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Blah, blah, If you actually want to debate the issue, the gun control thread is very much alive and active.
As long as it keeps spilling over here and the moderators do nothing, I will continue to answer over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
However a gun can be effective without firing a shot. An intruder can be scared off by the sound of a shotgun action being cycled. even if that action is not attached to the weapon.
Sorry to say it but you are deceiving yourself. Once two people draw their guns either one or both of them is going to get wounded, perhaps killed. IRL there is no such thing as "I will hit his hand/gun with one well placed shot" or "I will shot only to incapacitate him".

If your example is about scaring a would be burglar from your home with your gun, the house where I (and most people around) live is made of stone and you can't break in trough the windows, I sleep soundly at night even tough I have heard rounds of automatic gunfire at least once (and semi and gun shots God only knows how many times). No, I do not own any guns at all to "protect" myself and I feel I have more real life reasons than most to own one.

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2012-12-19 at 19:37.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote