View Single Post
Old 2009-06-09, 21:16   Link #109
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
What amazes me is that many of us have been doing this for years now and it's like nobody's clued in that nothing ever changes. Or maybe people have gotten so comfortable in their roles as critics/fans/etc. that we're just going through the motions and playing our assigned parts. I think it's time to consider that maybe some of us like playing the role more than watching the shows. What that ultimately means, though, who knows...
Dear lord, you're scaring me.

Well... To be fair to the genre of anime... In comparison to American TV I always find way better things to watch every season... I'm watching like 10 series this season... (Regios, Cross Game, K-ON!, FMA, Shangri-la, Eden of the East, Natsu no Arashi, Phantom, Valkyria Chronicles, and others...) and guess what? K-ON! is the only one I'd actually rate quite poorly.

I don't think this has to do with being bored of going on the same rides all over again as I just never liked this sort of ride in the first place... The only truly unique feeling animes this season for me have been Eden and Natsu no Arashi. So it has nothing to do with a lack of originality.

My criticisms of this show are not based upon its originality because I care a lot more about the execution.